Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fallout 3 Review


Overall Score: 9/10

When I first heard about Fallout 3 I didn't know what to say. I never liked RPG's  since they are quite boring and usually the story sucks however I do like MMORPG's since you can play with friends. Fallout 3 is interpreted as the first single-player First person shooter role-playing game (FPSRPG) :)) set in an apocalyptic world. When I first heard that, I thought that this would be a really bad idea. I mean seriously, this is one of the worst ideas I have heard since the Sims 2 Castaway for the DS. When it came out I bought it for around 50$ for the Xbox 360 and went back home and inserted the disc onto my Xbox 360 and I pressed A and the game loaded. It said "Created by Bethseda Studios" which is a game company i've never heard off. I played it and it was actually very enjoyable. I love the fact that you can create your own characters. I also love the fact that you can choose what to say to other non-player characters.



I also love the V.A.T.S system where you can pause the game and choose what body part of the enemy character you want to shoot and there will be a certain percentage if the bullet will hit or not. The cool thing is also that you can do whatever you want. You can kill anybody you want. You can kill even your friends and even good and kind characters. You can also help evil characters by detonating bombs for them and assassinating people, by doing this you are actually earning yourself bad karma which changes how you play. You can get evil characters to help you, protect you, and follow you around. That doesn't mean however that you can't also do good deeds.



You can help the town sheriff disarm bombs and you can also give some water to poor people which also earns you good karma which basically also changes the way you play by getting good allies to help you around and also by getting good armor which can only be worn if you have good karma. The game is set in an apocalyptic world where the whole world looks like hell because of a nuclear bomb war that caused the whole world to be destroyed. It also caused strange creatures such as super mutants and strange zombies. Overall this game actually made me love RPG games and also made me love this so called "Bethseda Studios." In-fact I am even thinking of buying another Bethseda Studio Game called "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion." I hope it is as good as Fallout 3 was. The only bad thing about Fallout is that there is no multiplayer but I understand since it would be very hard to implement that. The V.A.T.S system pauses the game so that would mean that also the other player will have to wait. If they remove the V.A.T.S system out however then the game would be really boring. The V.A.T.S system is actually what makes the game really fun and if you take out fun from this game I would have rated this game 6/10.

1 comment:

  1. Fallout 3 is the very nice computer game and it's loved to play this game a much. I like it concepts..

    ReplyDelete